Start Preparing Your Child for Preschool in Las Vegas
The time is finally here; your child will soon be starting their preschool. After a considerable time being associated with a daycare in Las Vegas, this is an important milestone that you’ve hit – and it wouldn’t come easy. However, if you take things one step at a time you can keep the anxiety levels for yourself and your kid under control.
What can you do? Let’s take a look:
Planning ahead can help overcome a number of last minute troubles.
- Find a playdate for your child from their new preschool, help them bond. This way your child wouldn’t be alone on their first day at preschool.
- Share your own preschool experiences – make sure you mention the ones that were fun and interesting.
- Take your child shopping. Help them pick out their new gear, the lunchbox, the backpack, and maybe even a new water bottle for the new school.
No Need to Rush:
When the day finally arrives, make sure you don’t plan too much on it.
- Keep your appointments, schedules, and errands to a minimum. Try and get done with them prior to the first day of preschool.
- Don’t hurry through the morning of the big day. It will only aggravate the anxiety levels for you and your child.
- Keep the mood light and positive; go over the good things about preschool that you’ve previously discussed with your child as a cheerful reminder.
- Instead of running into the class at the last minute, try and reach the campus before time.
- Help your child settle in their class.
- Sit with them and help alleviate their anxiety levels.
- Talk to them about how they feel.
- When it’s time to leave, hand them something they should take care of till the time you return. This security object (a keychain, your pen, or a family photograph) will help your child look forward to the day end and keep you close to them as well.
That’s not much now, is it? Rest assured, these tips will help you prepare your child for their first day at the preschool and overcome their fears associated with the change of environment.